Work with Us : Lead Surfacing Artist (Texture & Shading)
Hello, at Mondo TV in Tenerife we are looking for a Lead Surfacing Artist for our new Animation Studio in the Canary Islands.
This position is going to work in the pre-production department and will create and apply surface textures for characters, props, and environments based on the determined look and visual style of the series.
• 4+ years experience in production.
• Strong understanding of how an Animation TV series pipeline operate.
• Ability to create textures for production assets.
• Advanced knowledge of Photoshop.
• Advanced knowledge of 3D texturing tools (Zbrush / Substance Painter)
• Experience in UV mapping and layout using Maya.
• Understanding of shading network in Maya/Arnold and material network in Substance Painter.
• Eye for detail and good design sense is essential.
• Advanced experience in shading techniques and CGI lighting with Maya.
• Solid work ethic and positive attitude. Ability to work under pressure. Self-motivated and pro-active. Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
• Ability to share knowledge, guide and delegate to other artists in the team.
• Efficient and detail oriented.
• Ability to deliver work on time and meet set performance objectives.
• Availability to relocate to Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
• A valid EU work permit is necessary.
• Fluent in English (both written and spoken) with Spanish and Italian/French as a plus.
• Primary Role is to UV / Texture / Develop Shaders to be used in Production.
• Prelight sets during assets production.
• Maintain a clean and predictable naming structure for textures, shaders and shading networks.
• Keep team informed of any potential technical or creative problems and make recommendations for workflow improvement.
• Collaborate with other artists to ensure quality and consistency.
• Interpret and implement notes and feedback in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
• Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.