Hello, at Mondo TV in Tenerife we are looking for a Look Dev Specialist for our new Animation Studio in the Canary Islands.
This position is going to work in the pre-production department and will be responsible for developing the 3D visual look of the series.
• 5+ years production experience in 3D animated series or feature films developing the visual look (shading, texturing, lighting).
• Highly skilled in providing technical solutions for visual looks during creative conversations.
• Familiarity with Shotgun asset management system and procedures.
• A strong knowledge of shading and lighting techniques with Arnold.
• Experience with zBrush, Autodesk Maya, Substance Painter, Adobe Photoshop.
• Open to develope skills within the team. Be willing to share knowledge and experience with others.
• Must possess strong initiative, excellent communication, time management and creative problem-solving skills.
• Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining high quality results.
• A valid EU work permit is necessary.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Fluent in English (both written and spoken) with Spanish as a plus.
• Remote working is an option we can discuss.
• Study and define the look development in order to accomplish the art direction within the production pipeline.
• Highly skilled in translating 2D concept designs into 3D techniques.
• Work independently on defined tasks, but in collaboration with the director, artists and supervisors in modeling, shading and lighting during the look development process.
• Ability to create final looks, templates and materials for CG characters, props and environments to be used in production.
• Detail oriented both creatively and technically.
• Analyze and propose various design and technical solutions; provide feedback to the different departments.
• Work closely with supervisors and leads for modeling, shading and texturing.
• Ability to maintain creative conversations with the director and producers.
• Overall check in order to optimize render farm usage
• Creating lighting sets for look dev and collaborating with the lighting department for the application in the pipeline.
• Keep other supervisors updated with issues arising in pre-production and offer creative solutions to those issues.
• Proactive approach with the pipeline developers to enrich the production environment.
• Ability to complete tasks within production schedules and deadlines in an organized manner while maintaining the highest level of quality.
• Ability to learn and adapt to new workflows and methods.
• Ongoing communication with Production regarding schedules and deadlines.