Hello, at Mondo TV in Tenerife we are currently looking for a Technical Director (T.D.), who can provide critical support and troubleshoot issues in the asset creation and animation processes, using mostly Maya.
• Production experience in computer animation, visual effects, or game industry - preferably experience in the modelling, shading and animation pipeline.
• Experience with Maya is a must.
• Ability to work in English and with deadlines.
• Production experience with PBR renderers, preferably Arnold.
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently or within a group.
• Exceptional communication skills in dealing with both technical and artistic groups.
• Strong troubleshooting skills and in data management.
• Able to read and troubleshoot Python Exceptions and write python scripts (knowledge of libraries like Maya commands and PySide2 are a plus).
• Availability to relocate to Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
• A valid EU work permit is necessary.
• Fluent in English (both written and spoken) with Spanish and Italian/French as a plus.
• Experience in the creation of VFX.
• Experience working with a source version control system (git).
• Experience using Deadline and Substance Painter.
• Experience with USD and/or ASS.
• Experience with tool integration into existing or new pipelines.
• Managing most of the issues that artists may have, looking at possible workflow and bottle necks and report them to the Supervisor along with possible solutions.
• Improve current tools and/or creating new ones following the needs of the artists.
• To troubleshoot basic errors in modelling, surfacing, animation, and rendering.
• Reporting any other issues to the supervisor.